Welcome to Henderson School
We are a 7th and 8th grade full day program from 9:07 a.m. to 3:25 p.m. that promotes the ABC's and the 3 R's. Being alternative education, we have changed their meaning a bit to assist us in meeting the needs of our students.
Our ABC's stand for attendance, behavior, and credits/grades. These are the three areas that the majority of our students need some assistance with and are the basis for most referrals to Henderson.
Our 3R's stand for respect, responsibility, and resiliency. These are three important life skills we address with our students. Respect for self and for others. Responsibility for one's own actions. Resiliency, which for us means the ability to bounce back after set backs.
MISSION: The role for Henderson School is to assist students in their progress towards responsibility as it relates to academic achievement and personal development. We strive to see that each individual makes significant progress toward reaching their potential.
GOAL: Students will view Henderson School as an integral piece in achieving success. They will develop and refine their understanding of the control they have over their lives and its accompanying responsibility.
- Henderson has high expectations for academic achievement and conduct which is clearly defined, measurable, and makes no excuses based on the background of the student.
- Students, parents, and staff create and reinforce a culture of achievement and support through a range of formal and informal rewards and consequences for academic performance, attendance, and behavior.
- Parents, students, and staff of Henderson choose to participate in the program. No one is assigned or forced to attend. Everyone must make and uphold a commitment to the school and to each other to put in the time and effort to achieve success.
- Henderson knows there are no shortcuts when it comes to success in academics and life. With an extended school day, students have more time in the classroom to acquire the academic knowledge and skills that prepare them for a successful transition to the traditional high school setting.
FOCUS ON RESULTS
- Henderson relentlessly focuses on high student achievement performance through rigor, standardized tests, and other objective measures.
- By taking a student centered approach, our students will achieve a level of academic achievement that will enable them to succeed in their future endeavors.